- Spend the night in a jimjilbang (day spa/sauna).
Stay out in Hongdae or Itaewon all night and catch the ‘subway of shame’ home the next morning.
- Bargain for clothes at Namdaemun or Dongdaemun.
- Go to Lotte World on a rainy/snowy day.
- Go paragliding and soar like a bird amongst the Korean mountains.
- Take in a drag show on Homo Hill, and smile at the ladies of Hooker Hill.
Visit the Loveland sex museum on Jeju island.
- Try the collagen face masks from Face Shop.
Watch the largest waterfall bridge performance at Banpo Han River Park.
- Get off at a random subway stop and explore the local area.
Drink Korean beer in a convenience store cafe Raise funds and/or volunteer for a Korean charity
- Dress up as something crazy for Halloween in Hongdae.
Eat a hot dog at a baseball game.
- Go skiing/sledging at one of the dozen ski resorts around the country.
Get muddy at the Boryeong Mud Festival! Play with the fancy technology around Yongsan Electronics Market or one of the Techno Marts.
- Mix yogurt and soju. See what happens.
- Watch the mayor of Seoul ring the big bell at Jonggak on New Year’s Day.
- Drink makgeolli (rice wine) and eat pajeon (green onion pancake) on a rainy day.
Take a bike ride along the Han river. Use your connections to get on one of the American military bases. Enjoy a Westernized Korean wedding.
- Say saranghae (I love you) to a special someone, whether they’re Korean or not.
- Appreciate the air-conditioning on the subway in the middle of July.
See NANTA or another non-verbal, high-energy performance. People-watch at Garosu-gil over a cup of coffee. Have a cocktail in a bag Try your best to converse with a Korean taxi driver. Get the evil eye from an ajumma
- Swim in the East Sea and the West Sea.
- Go puddle-jumping in a monsoon
- Eat cold noodles with watermelon
Survive 'fan death' in summer Spend a platonic night with a friend at a 'Love Motel' Spot a fake town in North Korea Brush your teeth at work
- Learn a KPOP dance
Watch a Korean movie at a cinema Work out on public exercise equipment in the park
- Hug a giant teddy bear
Stuff your face with meat at a Korean barbecue Eat sweet potato bread
- Learn the Korean synchronised stretching regime
Go to Everland Wear BB cream and be flawless Get a haircut in a Korean salon
- Try Korean herbal medicine
Bang all night (PC Bang, Noraebang, DVD Bang, Wii Bang, Jjimjilbang...)
- Get creative at Korea Burn
Check out some cherry blossoms
- Take part in a traditional tea ceremony
Learn to cook a traditional Korean meal.
- Jet-ski at cheongpyeong lake.
Go on a tour of the DMZ
- See a K-Pop concert
Enjoy the 300 km/h speed of the KTX train.
- Catch the Busan film festival
See what the fuss is all about at Jeju island Get lost in a garden maze Become proficient in the art of chopsticks. (30 April 2013). Drink coffee from a can Enjoy coffee and cuddles at a Pet Cafe
- Have a conversation completely in Korean
- Soak in a natural hot spring
Go to Korean classes and learn the lingo Do the Tower dance in front of Namsan Tower
- Do tai-chi in the park
Learn to cook a Korean meal Take a traditional pottery class
- Win a game at a boardgame coffee shop
- Explore the abandonned and evacuated Gonjiam psychiatric hospital in gyeonggi-do
- Oppa Gangnam Style in Gangnam
Drink in public, in inappropriate places.
- Have your feet nibbled by fish at Dr Fish.
Have a normal dinner in a Korean's home
- Attend the Seoul photo scavenger hunt
- Meander around the phallic statues in Penis Park (Gangwon-do)
- Participate in a flashmob at Hyehwa station, exit 4
ROK bucket list
Adapted from Chris Backe's blog